Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Dog Might Games Wooden Dice

Yucatan Rosewood poly set in the photo booth.

It seems like a long time ago now, but I posted early in the blog about why I like wooden things.  There's really no substitute for one of our most basic resources.

Recently, I was lucky enough to be invited to take a "first peek" at some new gaming accessories from the Viking Warlords at Dog Might Games.  At the time, I was sworn to silence on the pending offerings, but now that the project is public I'm free to type away to my heart's content.

What's pictured are some cnc-carved wooden dice in Yucatan Rosewood with a green inlay.  My set were among the very first runs (I don't want to say 'prototypes' as the fit and finish on my set are very much production quality) and I'm proud to support the project.

They roll very well, though the YuRo is a little lighter (less dense) than an equivalently sized plastic set so the feel in the hand is a little different.  These will be mostly for display, but the D10s may get some use with Kingdom Death.  The D10s and D8 are my favorites with some great inlay work and nice sharp corners. 

After playing for years with plastic, the texture of wood is a welcome change.

DMG is now running production and will drop new dice to the page on Fridays.  Each set is unique, and there are a very wide variety of woods, inlays, weights/densities, and price points. 

On the windowsill, natural light.

No comments:

Post a Comment