Friday, March 2, 2018

ZPS - February 2018


Ahoy!

So, a few minutes ago I thought to myself, "You should think about doing your ZPS post, because February is almost.... oh damn."  Yup, it's March!

1. On the Table:
  • Dropfleet Commander!  Some said it would never happen, but it's on the table.
    • I've got the Core Box UCM Fleet mostly assembled.  Only 7 models total, but have been taking my time with it.  
    • Next will be a pair of "convention show only" resins, Cruiser sized.
    • I am checking the FLGS tomorrow for a Battleship box. They had them in stock last I checked, but that was ... August.
    • Part of my slowness is that I want to get past mid-month before I actually dive into any painting, see comments about MM Boot Camp below.
    • Battlefleet Box will follow all that, but will likely get deferred when KDM Wave 2 arrives.
  • Is it legal to leave Kingdom Death out of this first bucket?  Yah, I didn't think so.
    • COMPLETE:  What I've been calling the "core of the Core Box" is done.  All monsters (bosses) and the 8 unique survivor figures are painted and ready.  
    • I'll pop open the sprue box later for additional survivor armors.
    • Wave 2 appears to be shipping per the revised schedule. My backerkit was charged for shipping yesterday, which means things get underway on/around the 7th.  I still predict a somewhat bumpy ride and longer-than-most-people-will-expect fulfillment.

2. Gaining Momentum:
  • Miniature Monthly.  
    • I've been part of the Patreon subscriber base for months, and have enjoyed it so far.  The more recent posts about model preparation and filling have made the entry free worthwhile.  
    • They have a pretty lively and supportive Discord channel (for subscribers) that's been one of my evening hangouts lately.
    • We're doing their Boot Camp later this month, one day with Aaron Lovejoy (Flying Frog / Shadows of Brimstone factory painter) and the other with Elizabeth Beckley (Ninja Division and Kingdom Death factory painter).  
    • Hopefully can learn some things to apply to the DFC paint.
  • PC Game:  Guild Wars 2.  Holding its own in this category, though I haven't done any marathon sessions in quite awhile, I still login most nights if only to move things around.
  • Yard Work.  We live on 10 acres, and right now is the very short window where the weather is somewhat nice, it's too cold for insects, and things haven't turned green yet.  So I've been working down a list of things I need to get done before I lose access due to the return of underbrush.  It gets me outside, and this is the kind of work I enjoy most (mowing the lawn in 90+ deg heat in August humidity and swarms of insects is the kind I like least).

3. Losing Traction:
  • Gloomhaven.  Will leave GH here as the "game I wish I had time to play but don't" entry for the month.

4. Going, going, gone.
  • Shadows of Brimstone.  Temporary hold, but it's been ages since I touched any SoB content I'll shrug and put it in the #4 bucket of shame.  I expect this to change in the Spring months as I have a pretty cool little project in mind to bring to GenCon this year.
  • PC Game:  All Blizzard Games.  After a brief hurrah, Overwatch, Hearthstone, and Heroes of the Storm are out of my rotation completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment