Sunday, November 3, 2019

Hot off the Desk: Miniature Monthly Masters 2019

Yes, I'm still here.

No, the blog's not dead.  The blog doesn't want to go in the cart.  It's feeling much better.  It feels happy, It feels happy.

Here's a quick post with my entry for the Miniature Monthly 2019 Masters.  I really hadn't planned on entering anything - before a few days ago I hadn't lifted a detail brush since Reapercon.  But then I found this Reaper Winged Cat in our Reapercon Loot bag and decided to play more with the GS World Color Shift Paints (Darth Blue).

Results are "okay."  Good enough that I entered it - just to enter something (someone has to round out the field!).  Total time investment was maybe 3 hours, including prep and priming.  Actual painting was 2 session, maybe an hour each.  I was going for a high contrast, sketch style and wanted to practice texture.  He's a very small mini to really paint "fur" on but I tried anyway.

I'm happy with the result for what it is, even if it's nearly impossible to take decent pictures of the color shift paint!









No comments:

Post a Comment