Sunday, March 4, 2018

WIP: Dropfleet Commander Frigates

Two each:  Toulon frigate (bottom center and upper left) and New Orleans strike carriers (top and right).  This is per the fleet composition suggested in the 2-player starter pack.

Another quick post.  I've been taking my time with the DFC assembly.  Last night I wrapped up the last two frigates and started looking at the pair of "convention exclusive" resin cruisers that I bought at GenCon. 

I may give the ships a quick shot of primer so that I can see what will and won't need filled.  But otherwise am going to hold tight for a few weeks until we're back from the Miniature Monthly Boot Camp. 

The good news is:  there are no huge gaps, just some seams between parts and one engine nozzle that got nicked by my clippers.  (The first resin ship - not shown - will need some heavy surgery, however).

The New Orleans coming together in the Zoxe Shipyards(tm).  Moscow heavy cruiser standing guard for scale.

Leftover parts on the sprue after clipping everything for my 4 frigates.  There are 5 possible configurations of frigates. Per the instructions, each sprue builds a max of 4 ships, but only 2 of the same class.  Some guys are magnetizing all the bits for full flexibility, but I'm happily gluing things down solid.

Top view of assembled ships.  All the gun turrets could have been magnetized to allow rotation, but I chose not just pick a dynamic pose.

Angle view. Resin antenna from the convention-only ships on the paper towel.

Assembled 2-player starter fleet, UCM faction.

Angled view with ship and KDM survivor for scale. The frigates actually aren't that big.

Side view. I should put away my stack of brushes in the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment