Friday, July 19, 2019

Blitz



This is what the pre-Gencon Blitz feels like.  A little less than 2 weeks from now, we'll be downtown Indy.  Plans are starting to morph from vague notions and solidify into something more coherent.  As excitement builds with other friends, we bounce ideas around with increasing momentum and refine some expectations.  We had lunch with Pevil this week and talked about events and after-hours shenanigans. Lunch was too short, I could have stayed all day.

I'm looking forward to all of it, but there's just a little bit of panic in the air.

Gencon always feels very far away, right until the point where it's borderline too late.  It's like- February? It's COLD! Gencon is sooooo far away.  March? It's RAINY! Gencon is soo far away.  June? Summer just started!  Gencon is far away.  July?  OhcrapOhCRAPI'msobehind.

I'm not in a bad place overall, but not quite where I maybe should be.

New Dropfleet ships are painted, but I need to figure out carriage/storage in my foam box, and I should probably finalize my army list for the DFC event I'm in.  I already have one Brimstone painting contest entry complete and ready, and just left the bench from working on the second.  I only have a vague notion of where the 2nd project is going, but initial results are good - I just need to hurry the F up and get it done.

Meanwhile the hype train is starting online. New games announced, Kickstarters ramping up, and an informal Q&A from Poots on the KDM Kickstarter comments.

I'm looking forward to a few days off, the time with friends, some good wholesome gaming.  But the next week is probably going to stress me out just a bit as I wrap things up and get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment