Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Hot off the Desk: Dropfleet Commander Princess Liner

Quick post for a quick project.

In between other Dropfleet shenanigans, I grabbed the Princess Liner from her package and threw her into primer.  I worked on her here and there, while other things were curing or I felt like doing something different.  Looked at her yesterday and realized I was pretty close and glued her to her peg this morning.

The Bubblegum Princess Liner

I decided to go with a "Bubblegum Princess" as sort of an inside joke.  I rattled around in my paint collection and came out with this cotton candy scheme:

  • Scale75 Cobalt Alchemy (blue)
  • Scale75 Tourmaline Alchemy (pink)
  • Scale75 Heavy Metal (silver)

These are colors I probably wouldn't otherwise use, which made it fun.

I did just a little work by hand with the Heavy Metal to better define the engines, put some AP Necromancer Cloak into a recess or two, and then it was time to ink and weather.

AP Purple Ink on the windscreens and AP Dark Tone ink on the underbelly and engines. I shot a little FW Payne's Gray ink into the engine intake using the Sotar to give it some more contour.  I dry brushed a little AP Chainmail metal on the silver after the Dark Tone cured.  Teal engine exhaust is Reaper Surf Aqua, and the engine soot is Liquitex Burnt Sienna (a little more orange than the Burnt Umber I use on my military DFC).

I like her as-is though I may go back and darken the windscreens some more.

Elapsed time is several weeks, but total time investment might be 2 hours.  Not intended for any awards, but was fun.

More pictures after the jump.





No comments:

Post a Comment