Friday, April 12, 2019

Suggested Reading

I started reading as a kid (in the 4th grade, I read Arthur C. Clarke's 2010) and have continued to read in spurts all my life.  In high school, I got into the original Tom Clancy novels

I am not a high volume reader.  In fact, I tend to go back and reread older books.  Certain stories or characters resonated with me, and over the years I've reread the work and gained different understanding.

Wildly crude example:  Reading Red Storm Rising as a high school freshman, I thought the planes and guns were supercool.  Reading the same book a couple of decades later, and I'm picking up the historical nuances of a Cold War Europe. 

Anyway, the books below changed my life, in some way or another.  No particular order.  I'll use bullet points.  Bullet points are cool.
  • Leviathan Wakes, James S.A. Corey
  • Red Storm Rising, Tom Clancy
  • CW2, Layne Heathe
  • One Second After, William R. Forstchen
  • Fight Club, Chuck Palahniuk
  • The Stand, Stephen King
  • Band of Brothers and Citizen Soldier, Stephen Ambrose
There's a lot of war and post-apocalypse on here, which maybe tell you something about me (hah).  


No comments:

Post a Comment