Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Hot off the Desk: Dropfleet Commander UCM Lima and New Orleans Frigates

This is a quick post, mostly pictures.

I needed to add a few more frigates to my list, so I built out the remaining two sprues (each frigate sprue builds 2 ships).  I decided on two Limas and two New Orleans.

The challenge was to match a color scheme that I'd used for the rest of my Dropfleet list - and initiated painting almost a year ago.  I got pretty close, and managed to shave some time off my efforts along the way.

Intending these results to be tabletop+, not a contest entry.  Speed and #donenotperfect.




Initial build and airbrush gradient on the Limas.

Adding some color to the radomes. I did this instead of attempting to stripe.  The red is some bright orange Liquitex ink; I had to touch up the gray by hand and managed to blend it in okay.  I did mask and "stripe" the center-bridge geometry.

Two New Orleans, fresh off the line with one of the previous ships from a year ago (center).  I overshaded the aft and lost some of the blue, otherwise I'm pretty close.

Limas, done.  The 'battle damage' was a brush slip that I just went with.

Finished hulls, in the glamour shot booth.

Reverse view. 

No comments:

Post a Comment