Tuesday, July 3, 2018

ZPS - June 2018



Caldari from EVE Online: Painting inspiration for Dropfleet Commander.

It's hot, humid, and the bugs bombard me whenever I step out the front door.  Spring must be over and it's gotta be summer! 

1. On the Table:

  • GenCon Project #1 - I had high hopes of getting project GC1 done by mid-June, but it wasn't meant to be.  Between the Ikea Hellquest and a gazillion little things that needed doing before my annual family BBQ, I lost at least 2 if not 3 weeks of progress.  But, I've recovered and actually put the last adjustments on the final figure last night.  As soon as I post this, I'll put her on her base and I'll call this one done.
  • Dropfleet Commander - Finally, finally, I'm going to shoot some primer on the first ships today or tomorrow for GenCon Project #2 (GC2).  I'm prepping for an event at GenCon, so I have a lot of work cut out ahead of me.  But I've come up with a reasonable Fleet List that won't cause me to build (that) many more ships.  Since this project isn't cloaked in secrecy, I'll be able to share some pictures as I go.
  • Convention Planning - GenCon's events are planned and in the pipe.   PAX unplugged tickets are bought and the hotel is reserved.  ReaperCon tickets are bought, hotel reserved, and event tickets purchased.  Phew.  

2. Gaining Momentum:

  • GenCon Project #3 - I don't have much hope of finishing this one but I might be able to squeak it out.  
  • KDM Expansions - They're still in the box, but if I can knock out all the GC stuff, assembly of the Legacy Expansions will finally begin.
  • Guild Wars 2 - It's stupid humid (heat advisories most days this week), so I've been hiding inside enjoying some PC games for a change.  I enjoy the vanilla game most, so I rolled a new Elementalist and have been working across the map.  I'd never played a Double Dagger Ele before, and have been having a blast (pun intended) with her.

3. Losing Traction:

  • Gloomhaven - Not by choice.  Need to get the campaign back out and continue to play.  I'll need to hotseat some Dropfleet before GenCon, so I'm not sure we'll have the time or space to make progress.

4. Going, going, gone.

  • Biking - I haven't been on the bicycle since last May.  Have been getting the itch lately (I do miss it) but my timing and the weather couldn't be much worse.  

No comments:

Post a Comment