Thursday, November 30, 2017

ZPS - November




Another month, another Project Status Update.  This has been the month of Kingdom Death.  My core box 1.5 and the upgrade pack arrived.  The backer kit is opened again, and Poots announced the updated Wave 2 Ship Date (which I will admit is exciting but also scares the crap out of me due to the even huger volume of models this represents).  My Halloween KD webstore box arrived and I spent more money on Black Friday on KDM goods.

I did want to comment that it's been a year since I backed Kingdom Death's Kickstarter.  In some ways it feels a lot longer than that, but in others it feels like the campaign ended yesterday.  Having the core box arrive was very surreal for me; after months of staring at the models online I was suddenly staring at my own set - mixed with some disbelief that the reprint actually happened in 2017 (despite the delays, I expected the whole schedule to be pushed even further).

Anyway, let's get on with it!

1. On the Table:
  • Kingdom Death, Kingdom Death, Kingdom Death.  As predicted, the core box arrival swept everything else to the side while I dug into the mountain of sprues that constitutes a 1.5 build.
    • Prologue Survivors - Done
    • White Lion - Done
    • Screaming Antelope - Done
    • Old and Young Survivors - In Primer and Filled
    • Butcher - In Primer and Filled
    • Remainder still on the sprue.
    • Note:  Learning to airbrush on the fantastic KDM models (which are FAR superior to even the best SoB minis) has been one of the biggest joys of my hobby career.
    • Oh, and we played some KDM too. 
  • Shadows of Brimstone: Derelict Ship - I actually 'finished' the Necronauts, but I'm not happy with them and will rework when I want a break from KDM.
  • Other SoB minis mentioned last month are still in queue.
      
2. Gaining Momentum:
  • Gloomhaven.  My copy arrived a few days before PAX Unplugged. I've done a quick inventory but not played yet.  It's been completely overshadowed by holiday travels, PAX travels, and all things KDM.  I currently don't plan to paint the minis and just enjoy this as a "board game."  Crazy, I know.
  • Dropfleet Commander. I'll put this here even though the shrink wrap is still on the box.  I've been playing with the airbrush so much for KDM that I've been musing about how to paint up my UCM fleet.  I need to run some test colors if I get a chance, but the ideas are flowing.
  • This blog.  Spending the extra time to document my KDM builds will pay off down the road (I hope), if for nothing else than my own nostalgia.  But fighting blogger to build the posts, transfer images, and compose reasonable shots does take some extra time.
3. Losing Traction:
  • PC Game: Guild Wars 2.  After the Halloween Event, I kind of went on hiatus.  KDM is consuming all my spare brain cells.  
  • PC Game:  Heroes of the Storm.  I'll put this in category 3 even though I'm actually playing a bit more this month than in October.  A single match against AI is about enough time for my Tamiya cement to cure while doing KDM assembly.  :)
4. Going, going, gone.
  • Nothing new for this category.

No comments:

Post a Comment