Friday, February 2, 2018

ZPS - January 2018

Kingdom Death: Monster:  Brace for Wave 2

A couple of days late, but truth be told I stepped away from both the paint bench and the laptop and did a wholesale veg-out over the past work week.  Hoping to get a few things done this weekend, but no promises.

1. On the Table:
  • Kingdom Death: Monster.  Perpetually at the top of this list, or so it seems.  
    • At the time of this writing I am working on the last 3 figures from the Core box that I intend to assemble and paint right now - the Watcher, and the M & F Intimacy Survivors.  
    • Between work, cold weather, and a lingering case of not-quite-sick, not-quite-well, my progress has been slow.  But I'm perhaps a few days away from calling it a wrap.
    • We've played KDM a bit, but need to get more KDM play sessions under my belt as a solo-play so I can manage the rules a little better.  Maybe this week.
  • Next weekend might be the long-awaited day where I crack the DropFleet box.  We'll see. :)

2. Gaining Momentum:
  • KDM Wave 2 is loosely slated for late February, but even if it starts on time, it took me almost a month to get my Core Box and I expect similar or worse this time.
  • Rail Raiders: Infinite.  A fun little game that sits squarely on the border between "party game" and dungeon crawler.  We've played a bit, and with some house rules it feels more like a crawler.
  • PC Game:  Guild Wars 2.  I rolled a new Engineer last weekend.  A Char.  I have plenty of ways to boost her up, but just want to level her naturally and learn this class/profession a little better.

3. Losing Traction:
  • Shadows of Brimstone.  I really need to get the entirety of my collection out and get it organized, and perhaps even start a new set of characters through a campaign.
  • Gloomhaven.  I did the Broken Token organizer and wish I had more time and space to setup and play a campaign.  But if I'm going to sit down at the table, right now that means Kingdom Death.
4. Going, going, gone.
  • Nothing new to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment