Saturday, February 3, 2018

Nerd Things: Low Investment KDM Player Aid Booklet

My low investment player aid book.  Holiday Death Dice for scale
(and because they arrived the same day).

I downloaded this really cool fan made KDM player aid from BGG several weeks ago.  Instead of just printing on our trusty old inkjet, I decided to do something a little fancy and had a spiral-bound "manual" made.

I really liked the content and organization, but the layout would have been nicer as a much smaller booklet.

I thought about spending time reformatting to make more efficient use of space.  I also thought about injecting some graphics for flavor and fun.  In the end, I decided to hit the ol' EZ button and uploaded the file intact to Staples, and for $8.43 got this nice spiral bound copy.

The print quality is great, the binding lays flat, and there's room throughout for my own notes and scribbles should I have the need.  I may do something fancier down the road, but for the time investment I'm really happy.

Five minutes of effort, under $10 invested.  Life is good.


Clear front cover protects the most often used reference.

Easy access to additional reference tables.

Plastic back cover adds some heft and stiffness.


No comments:

Post a Comment