Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Shadows of Brimstone - The Ancient One

 This guy had been on my desk for the better part of a year.  I decided sometime in early 2020 that he would be my goal for Miniature Monthly Masters.  A single - large, but single - figure for the entry.

As Covid got underway, I really lost my painting mojo, and he was backburnered in favor of other projects with more instant gratification.  

Meanwhile the Ancient One continued to linger on my desk.  I tried a few things, wasn't happy.  Kept trying.  It got better.

The result was super-fast and involved a lot of airbrush blending and several sessions over the course of a weekend to apply highlights to all his wrinkley bits. 

These pictures came out a little washed out and a little dark, but they are what they are. 

He took 2nd in the Flying Frogs' Manufacturer's award.  I put him in not expecting to place (at all; when I submitted the Mfr's Award for Frogs didn't exist yet) but am happy that he was enjoyed.







No comments:

Post a Comment