Monday, October 16, 2017

KDM Shipping Core Game



I am probably the ONLY guy on the planet that quietly swore when reading the KDM fulfillment email.

I knew this would happen.  Like the rest of the 14,000+ backers, I've been checking multiple times a day for any possible hint at KDM shipping news for the past several weeks.  But I also knew that there would be a brief window when Mrs. Zoxe and I would be out of cell/data service due to a long planned vacation.  As the weeks ticked by, I had the "sonovabitch" feeling that the two would align perfectly.

So, on Sunday morning, we returned to U.S. cell coverage and my phone began vomiting forth dozens of notifications. I wasn't at all surprised when one of them was an email from Adam Poots asking me to go pay for KDM core box shipping.  Since I hadn't seen an email in over a week, I was well behind the power curve of getting things confirmed.  Poots confirmed that by late Friday over 10,000 backers had paid for shipping, while I only missed this by one business day, people really did jump on the emails.

He's using a 3rd party shipping manager (Whiplash), and multiple warehouses so maybe - just maybe - throughput will be good and I'll get my box in a reasonable manner.  But if they do ship according to payment date, then I'm at the back of the line

In the grand scheme, this is not the end of the world - but I do take it as proof that the Universe has a sense of humor and enjoys poking me in the eye when it can.

In the meantime, and if I really try to push this towards a positive outlook, it means I have one last window to finish up the current mess of Brimstone figures before the 17 lbs of game shows up on my doorstep.

No comments:

Post a Comment