Saturday, September 30, 2017

Pause for the Cause

GW2: Back on the front burner.

Pardon me for some weekend rambling.

  1. Not much new to report on minis/boardgames.  I'm basecoating the remainder off Tredarra and the Derelict Ship expansions, probably working too many models in parallel, and progress is slow.  Truth be told, I haven't lifted a brush in almost a week.  The tedium of basecoating is the part that I like least.
     
  2. It's FALL!  Fall is my favorite season.  After an abnormally HOT September, the temperatures finally broke (although that seems temporary).  Progress over the next several weeks indoors will likely be slow as I enjoy some fall chores around our property.  (Splitting wood in 80-90 deg F heat is misery, splitting wood in 40-65 deg F is actually enjoyable).  So I'll be taking a pause for the cause to enjoy the outdoor weather.

    So, don't look for too many updates on minis in the next few weeks.  Unless it rains.
     
  3. However, based on twitter comments, KDM appears to be nearing shipment.  Poots' claims that 2 of 3 boatloads (literally) of content are in the warehouses.  They're set to begin shipping the core boxes soon(tm).  I expect to dramatically take my arm and swipe all of the Brimstone off my desk and madly assemble the Monster.
     
  4. GW2 deployed their second "boxed" expansion.  "Boxed" is in quotes because it's a pay-to-upgrade expac, but these things are done virtually these days. 

    I previously reported GW2 as "losing traction" but just-like-that it's back on the front burner.  I realized that I didn't want to play the new content before I finished the previous storylines. So, I grabbed my Guardian and have blitzed through the remainder of the Heart of Thorns story and am currently 4 of 6 episodes through the Living World Season 3 content.  I'm finding the writing/storytelling is improving (some of the original GW2 personal story is pretty clunky), and the character development and interaction is pretty good.  Even if I only play the "story" of Path of Fire, it'll be worth the upgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment