Sunday, October 29, 2017

ZPS - October



The monthly update of all the things going on around here.  Happy Halloweenie!

The status changes compared to last month is really minimal.  We were out of pocket for a long-awaited vacation with friends, which had us in other states - and other countries - across an 11 day trek.  Tack on the prep time ahead, recovery after, and the glut of office hoopla and yard chores awaiting our return, I feel like I lost 3 of the past 4 weeks. I'll try harder in November to make progress on nerd things. 

But it's the end of the month, so let's do this!  With bullet points.  Bullet points are cool.

1. On the Table:
  • Shadows of Brimstone: Derelict Ship - Necronauts (Zombie Astronauts) - Partially based
  • Shadows of Brimstone: Derelict Ship - Beacon Drones - Primed
    • I really should knock out the Beacons. The paint scheme I have in mind for them won't be hard; I put them behind the Necronauts because I wanted to paint something other than silver and black.
    • (Shadows of Brimstone: Derelict Ship - Remainder complete)
  • Shadows of Brimstone: Trederra (Trederra Mutants in primer, Legionnaires now mostly based)
    • This is less progress than I wanted, but more than it really sounds like.
    • (Remainder of Trederra is complete)
  • Ninja Division / Kingdom Death Twilight Knight chibi crossover in primer


2.  Gaining Momentum:
  • Kingdom Death: Monster - Part of my reluctance to dig into other parts of my backlog is that "any day now" I should see a KDM shipping notice.  And I will do a happydance.
  • PC Game: Guild Wars 2 - The new Path of Fire expac, plus the Halloween event, consumed more hours than I expected.  I'm working through things slowly compared to most avid gamers, but am almost done with the new story arc.  


3. Losing Traction:
  • Dropfleet Commander - Two player starter pack.  This is the biggest disappointment on the list. I intended to devote a full weekend to assembly and paint, but still haven't cracked the shrink wrap.  I'm using the header image above to punish myself.
  • PC Game:  Heroes of the Storm - No specific complaint, just lack of time.  Only the Halloween event kept this from being in the next category.

4. Going, going, gone:
  • Basically, all other PC games.  WoW, EVE, Diablo3, Hearthstone, and a few others that I'm forgetting.
  • Warmachine.  As mentioned last month, I considered picking this up to play at the FLGS.  This month that's even further from being a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment