Saturday, March 23, 2019

Happy DFC is Done Day


The past 2 or 3 weeks has been a slow ramp-up to Adepticon and finally (FINALLY!) getting my Dropfleet Fleet on the table.  And while I'd rather stage some decent photos, I wanted to say here that a few minutes ago I sat down the last brush on the last ship, and poured a whisky.  Now just I need to get the last 3 ships off their corks and glue in the base adapter, then organize and pack everything for Adepticon - which starts for us on Wednesday evening.

This has been a long project in the making.  I started assembling the bulk of this army about a year ago.  Looking back at it, the project really wasn't that bad, but a couple of the steps involved were incredibly tedious and I avoided the ships for several long spans.  I don't think being a commission painter is ever in my future.

It'll be good to have these off the bench.  I have a couple of things I want to tackle before I start my GenCon and ReaperCon projects.

Bench shot of the cruisers, fresh off their corks and before the clear base adapter peg was installed.

I carried the Squadron Stripe idea up through the battleships.  This is WIP just after I basecoated the engines but before I started any weathering or other detailing.

Two battleships, side by side. Also WIP at the same stage as above.  Each of these ships is larger than my cell phone.

Once the dust is settled, I'll try to grab some finished shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment