Thursday, January 11, 2018

What's Up


This is a random update post.  I haven't done many of these, as I had enough to post about with the KDM content coming off the table.  Work has been a killer this week, and I've arrived home (extra) tired.  I also think I'm getting a sinus infection.  Bleh.  Under those conditions I'm not enthusiastic about hitting the bench for painting, as I'll not be focused and just make a mess.

So here are some bullet points on other random things:

  • As you can probably guess, I've still got the Phoenix on the table.  I've done my airbrush work, and need to sit down and do the wash and detailing.  Maybe this weekend.
  • I have the Watcher assembled and should have primed him but see above.  I'm actually waiting for an experiment on the Phoenix to determine how I'll approach the Watcher, so I'm not too much in a rush. I need the Phoenix further along before I'll commit to the Watcher.
  • Believe it or not, Wave 2 is (in theory) 6-7 weeks from entering fulfillment.  I'm still in good shape to get a break from KDM before the next wave hits, but I really need to not screw around too much with the last few figures from the Core box.
  • We got a new gaming table.  Found it on clearance at a local store.  It's out of the box but not assembled.
  • We got a short break in the weather and I did get out the last 2 nights and enjoy the +60 deg F shift in temperatures.  (The absurd change in weather also likely has something to do with my sinus headache though).  Someday I'll put a post up about Chainsaw Therapy.
  • The past two days reminded me that I have a lot of work to do outside this year. I'm hoping for an early and dry spring.  The past 2 years have been late and very wet; hoping for something different.
  • I backed a pair of Kickstarters this week:  Countdown: Action Edition and Triplanetary.  Both are a great departure from KDM and Shadows of Brimstone.  Countdown looks fun for when we have a lot of family over.
  • Another post that I mean to transcribe is my journey with weight loss.  The short version is that this is an anniversary year - 10 years ago I hit my peak weight.  I lost weight slowly over the next 5 years, and in 2013 I surged at lost ~40 lbs in 3-4 months.  I've generally maintained that weight until the past year, and managed to find 10 lbs between Thanksgiving and New Years this year.  I'm currently rebaselining my diet around my 2013 plan, and while there's been some progress ... weight is stubborn.
That's enough for now.  Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment