Saturday, December 9, 2017

Happy Caturday

The Butcher - Assembled for awhile now.
Just a quick post before we set out in the snow for errands.
  • In general with KDM, I've been assembling in small batches as I don't want to have a huge pile of stuff all in the same phase of completion.  Moving back and forth between assembly, filling, airbrushing, and hand brushing has kept things fresh.
  • However, although I assembled the Butcher with the Starting Survivors, I realized I'd be doing mostly one-off airbrush work on a fairly small figure
  • So, I paused the Butcher to focus on assembly to have more things going through the airbrush booth together.  Less airbrush cleaning is good.
  • I've spent spare moments this week (what little spare time I had) doing assembly.  KDM's King's Man and The Hand are assembled and ready for a priming session.
  • I'm reworking my painting "recipe" for the Monsters with armor and metal blades.  This required a lot of chin rubbing and even a test piece.  More on that in the Butcher's HotD post.
  • I have the Gold Smoke Knight nearly assembled.  I've taken my time with him.  He's larger and should therefore be easier to assemble, but I actually ran into my first significant issues in assembly.  More on that in his HotD post, which is maybe a week away at my current rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment